Sunday, May 15, 2011

Old Skincare Part 1

Hello to Everyone! I apologize for taking so long to post this! I have been preoccupied with work as well as life/career decisions (I may explain more about this in another post). I have been contemplating the best way to compare my Old Makeup and Skincare line up to my New. I think the best way to do this would be to break it into sections. Part one (This post) will be about skincare. Part two will be about makeup. I know this is short but I thought that I needed to at least post SOMETHING! This is a review of my Old Skincare Line Up (and don’t worry it will be continued in the next post). Let’s start!




Old Skincare Line UP:



Morning:

Cleansers:

When I used my old line up I would take my showers in the morning. While I was in the shower I would cleanse my face with St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser. It clears breakouts and redness with 100% natural green tea. It is Hypo-allergenic, oil free, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist tested. It contains 2% Salicylic Acid; which typically clears up my breakouts. I love the scent of this cleanser! To me it smells like an earthy clean scent (If that makes sense). It maintains my skin very well. When using this I still have a few bumps here and there but nothing too severe. A fellow blogger (she doesn’t update her blogspot anymore) and youtuber recomended this cleanser last year. The Youtuber I am talking about is Fuzkittie. Here is her youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzkittie?blend=1&ob=4

So I decided to try it! I bought this at Walgreens for $5.99 (without sales tax). I had used it for a while but still wanted to find something that would also prevent those few bumps here and there.

Sorry the bottle is empty!


Active Ingredients
Salicylic Acid - 2 %Acne Treatment


Inactive Ingredients

Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Glycerin , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Propylene Glycol , Salicylic Acid , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Hydroxyethyl Urea , Fragrance , Sodium Hydroxide , Methyl Lactate , PEG-150 Distearate , Disodium EDTA , Phenethyl Alcohol , Limonene , PPG-2 Methyl Ether , Linalool , Epilobium Angustifolium Extract , Olea Europaea Leaf Extract (Olive) , Ascophyllum Nodasum Extract , Alteromonas Ferment Extract , Methylisothiazolinone , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait de Levure) , Green 5 (CI 61570) , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)



So then i tried another cleanser, Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash. I purchased this at Ulta at $4.99. It is 100% oil- and soap-free. It is also Enriched with gentle botanicals such as mint, lemongrass, and soothing aloe. I really did not like the scent of this cleanser (The scent would make me fell nausaus from time to time). I did not see any improvements with my acne. When using this product I think my acne actually worsened. It also dried out my skin. Needless to say I stopped using it.






Ingredients:


Triple Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, PEG-8, Glyceryl Laurate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Lavender Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Rosemary Extract, Spearmint Extract, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Fragrance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Ambrosia | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates