Friday, June 3, 2011

Old Skincare Part 1 (Continued)

Old Skincare Line UP:

Morning:

Cleanser: St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

Other Cleanser: Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Then I would follow with Neaclear Liquid Oxygen Blackhead Astringent. “Neaclear was developed by a Plastic Surgeon using new oxygen technology for clearer, more natural-looking skin.” The bottle states that this product is fragrance free; however, I think it smells like mint rubbing alcohol. This product was too strong for my skin. When I would apply it on my cheeks my eyes would always water. Also if I had an open pore on my face when applying this product it would burn like rubbing alcohol (OUCH). I would say this product is basically rubbing alcohol in a bottle. Since the product was too incredibly strong and drying for my skin I stopped using it. I bought this product at Ulta for $9.99 (without sales tax).

Photo From: http://www.dailynutritionsupplements.com/product/26/2300/Neaclear-Liquid-Oxygen-Blackhead-Astringent-6oz.html


Ingredients:


Oxygenated Purified Water, SDA 40, Witch Hazel Extract, Extracts of Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, and Neem, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, DL Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Menthol Crystals, Menthyl Lactate, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Peppermint Oil, Dimethicone Copolyol, Mucopolysaccharides, Polypeptides, MSN, Vitamins A & D, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Wheat Protein, Collagen, Sorbitol, Rose Water, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrogen Peroxide.



Next Follow with Scar Zone Acne all-in-one medicated cream. It is suppose to treat acne and reduce scars. I used this as an on spot acne and scar treatment. I did not see any noticeable results with my acne. Nor did I see any improvement with my scars. I used this until the tube was empty (in order to give the product enough time to do what it promised). I still did not see any improvement with my acne or my acne scars. I bought this at Ulta for $6.99 (without sales tax)





Active Ingredients:


Salicylic Acid USP 2%.


Inactive Ingredients:


PURIFIED WATER, ISOHEXADECANE, DIMETHICONE, POLYACRYLAMIDE (AND) C13-14



Lastly I would moisturize with Olay Complete All Day UV Moisture Cream with vitamin E and aloe-Sensitive Skin (Classic Gentle Formula) with SPF 15. This product was the first moisturizer I ever tried. Typically I only use a moisturizer in the winter but since my face now has a few dry spots I continued using the moisturizer. Also after researching ways to improve Acne-Prone skin I learned that every skin type needs moisturizer. Sorry I am getting off topic… This is my favorite moisturizer so far! I have used probably 5 to 6 moisturizers and I am in love with this one! It is fragrance free and very buildable. It is light, gentle, and does not make my face feel oily! I bought this at target for $6.47 (without sales tax).





Ingredients:


5.0% OCTISALATE, 3.0% AVOBENZONE, 3.0% HOMOSALATE, 2.6% OCTOCRYLENE. ALSO CONTAINS: WATER, GLYCERIN, POLYETHYLENE, DIMETHICONE, NIACINAMIDE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOHEXADECANE, POLYSORBATE 60, DIMETHICONOL, PEG-4 LAURATE, PEG-4 DILAURATE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, PEG-4, STEARIC ACID, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, ASCORBIC ACID, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-100 STEARATE.


Night:


Same Cleansers as Morning


Then follow with Neaclear Liquid Oxygen Blackhead Astringent.

I would then follow with an on spot acne treatment. The on spot product I used was the AcneFree Terminator. I bought this at Ulta for $5.99 (without sales tax). This product is typically used with the three-step skincare routine by AcneFree and has been compared to Proactive. I cannot confirm or deny if it has the same quality as Proactive since I have only used the AcneFree Terminator. Although I can say is the best on spot acne treatment I have ever used. It is really effective for those extremely large pimples! It is even printed on the box “Overnight Results”. I found this to be 100% true! When I would apply this to a pimple at night it would be almost nonexistent the following morning! I would say that this is specifically for those who have combination to oily skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin I would not recommend using this. This product is very strong and can be harsh on the skin. I applied this product to a pimple I had in-between my eyebrows (and I had recently tweezed). It felt as though I had applied rubbing alcohol to an open wound! OUCH! Also it would make the surrounding areas peel so I had to stop using it.



Ingredients:






Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (2.0%) (Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 39-C, Methylpropanediol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Lactic Acid, Willow Bark Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triclosan, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol



Lastly I would follow with a moisturizer. I found Nivea Natural Beauty Beautifying Moisturizer at Ross for $3.99 (without Sales Tax) and decided to try it. ‘Nivea Natural Beauty Beautifying Moisturizer promises an instantly natural, radiant and even complexion without any make-up. It offers a shimmering effect and smoothes out any irregularities. The formula contains Mango Milk and Cashmere Proteins, providing long-lasting moisture and softness. Enriched with Nivea Visage UVA/UVB filter system, this cream protects the skin from excessive sunlight and prevents the signs of premature aging and drying out.” I did see anything on the packaging stating that it had a UVA/UVB filter system. Since it did not say that it had sun protection I decided to use it at night. I really do NOT like this moisturizer. Then scent is unbelievably overpowering! It smells similar to your average grandmother’s perfume! It would give a pink sheen to my face; which I particularly did not like. The morning after I would apply this moisturizer, it looked as though my face was peeling. When in actuality it was the product peeling off. This confused me. Why would a moisturizer peel? I did use this once during the day (I was out of my daytime moisturizer and was desperate). When applied with my foundation it did give my skin a nice glow; however, the glow was not worth it! This product was layered underneath my sunscreen, concealer, foundation, and powder. The scent of this product is so overpowering that I could smell it over everything else! The scent was even stronger than my perfume! I only used this moisturizer about three times, but those three times were enough to convince me to stop using this product!







Ingredients:


Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Glycerin, Phenylbenzimidazole, Sulfonic Acid, Sucrose Polystearate, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone,Methylpropanediol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Sine, Adipe Lac, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Mangifera Indica Fruit Juice, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Trideceth-9, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethiconol, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Chondrus Crispus, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Citric Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Parfum, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 75470



Since I could not bear the smell of the Nivea Moisturizer I switched to another night moisturizer. Neaclear Liquid Oxygen Anti-Acne Facial Moisturizer is ‘gentle and oil-free, quickly and easily absorbed, non-comedogenic, and non-greasy.’ It is fragrance free. I used this product as a night moisturizer because I did not see any details on the product stating that it had sun protection. This moisturizer does not layer well at all. I tried to use it as a morning moisturizer and my foundation would clump when I applied it. Also this moisturizer is really thick! Since I have combination skin the thickness makes my face feel oily. Plus since it is so thick, you only need a small amount of this product to cover your entire face. I would say that this is a good ‘healing’ moisturizer. What I mean by this is it is very good at healing scabs or a recovering bump. The bottle states that this product is quickly and easily absorbed; however, I have to disagree. Whenever I would apply this product to my face it would take a VERY long time to absorb. This moisturizer was so thick it felt like I had applied a mask or a shield to my face. It would not absorb anything else nor would it allow anything else to be layered with it. I bought this at Ulta for $9.99 (without sales tax).


Photo From: http://lastheplace.com/2006/09/25/turn-back-the-clock-our-picks-for-the-top-anti-aging-products-of-2006/


Ingredients:


Oxygenated Purified Water, Extract of Aloe, Witch Hazel, Sage and Neem, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerol Sterate, Steryl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Symethicone, Cyclomethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrogen Peroxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Ambrosia | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates