Monday, January 18, 2010

Embarrassment...

My initial plan was for me to post one blog every Saturday. Unfortunately I was unable to do so this Saturday, but I still hope to post a blog once a week. Also I forgot to mention in my last post all names and ages have been changed.

I recently finished two books this week. This is a great accomplishment for me because I own an estimate of 50 to 60 books. I would say that I have completely read about ten percent of those books. Why? It is this dreadful habit of mine I will start reading a book for the reason that the beginning intrigues me. As the tale continues I find myself either bored with a significant event taking place or frustrated with the secrets that have been unveiled.

Yes I understand that books are not written solely for one reader’s interest. Nevertheless, I eventually return to the book. Currently the genres I read are: Mystery, Horror, Science Fiction/Fantasy, and Paranormal/Fantasy Romance. When I read the Paranormal/Fantasy Romance I constantly seem to stop reading when the Hero and the Heroine start to call each other baby names and such. When I read such things I begin to feel embarrassment for the characters. Unless there is humor entwined with the embarrassment I particularly do not care for reading it.

Moving on… My friend Antoinette* and I have a torturous relationship. For instance today we decided to spend her gift card she received from me for the Holidays. It eventually became “I will try on this if you try on that” day. She tried on this purple shirt that was overcome with ruffles. The only down fall that I saw was she looked pregnant in the shirt. My shirt was a white button down that had a plunging neckline. The neckline had what appeared to be triangular shaped fabric to suffocate it. Also a thin plastic blue belt was attached to the shirt. It does not sound that it would be too appalling I suppose. Unfortunately, the results were catastrophic! I was not that long which resulted in my midsection showing. Also my upper body never looks well in a button down shirt. The top three buttons refused to hold together for long. I did have enough time to show Antoinette how the shirt looked while the buttons would stay together.

After each button you could see flesh (only the top three buttons). I looked like someone who needed that shirt to complete her naughty school girl ensemble. Antoinette laughed so hysterically I thought she might die from it. Upon seeing her reaction I immediately closed the dressing room door. Fun Fun Fun…

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your first blog posts. Keep it up because I think they're very funny and I can't wait to see what you say next.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 

Ambrosia | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates