Sunday, March 28, 2010

Antoinette Weekend

This past weekend was Antoinette weekend; which means doing everything Antoinette would like to do. We had two days of the “I will wear this If you wear that” game. This she found very entertaining. I wore several dresses that my grandmother would wear. All of the dresses had ruffles, floral patterns, and shoulder pads. Imagine that type of dress. She also picked out an outfit that had ruffles similar to Little Bo Peep’s undergarments. The top had a blue tie-dye look paired with a light pink skirt. Both the top and the skirt had the Little Bo Peep theme. To bring this look together it was paired with black leggings. These were not just any leggings they were faux black leather leggings that reached my angles. To describe this outfit as horrendous would be a great understatement. I did have her try on a few disastrous outfits as well. It was worth it.

I had my body measured this week and discovered that I lost 1.5 pounds. This amazed me given that I had not worked out since I was sick. I thought that I had gained all of the weight I had lost back. Yes I was very stunned that I had lost a pound.

Work has not been the most fun as of late. Though there is the exception of one of my coworkers. This week for dinner Antoinette made many dishes that involved rice. (I love rice! Particularly white rice I love the most!) My favorite dish was this vegetables and rice combination. The vegetables were cooked in the rice with seasoning. I loved it so much that I had to save the leftovers and eat it the next night.

The weekend of March 19 thru March 21 was Layla weekend. I did not take full advantage of my weekend like Antoinette did. (Though I will do so next time it is Layla weekend.) On my weekend we watched The Ramen Girl. I found the movie interesting (probably because it was set in Tokyo, Japan). I tried to find more movies like this with not any success. Most of the suggestions were cooking movies; which I can understand. Since The Ramen Girl is based mostly upon Brittany Murphy learning how to excel at cooking ramen. Though the similar qualities I was looking for was comedic cooking movies that took place in Japan. As I stated earlier I have not had much luck.

In addition this weekend Antoinette and I had a pedicure. Particularly I do not like others to touch my feet. To have a pedicure seemed repulsive to me, but to be honest it was not that bad. Plus the woman who gave me the pedicure wore gloves; which made the entire process more bearable. We also had a fill in. Two weeks ago when I had a full set, they were painted hot pink. (A pink that Antoinette called Barbie Pink) This week they were painted Lime Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Ambrosia | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates