Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Weird Thing I Worry About...

Today I went to an oriental grocery store (Literally the store’s name). I usually have to order my “hard to find” ingredients (for Japanese dishes) online. However I thought why not look to see if this store had those particular ingredients. Guess What? They did! Upon entering the store I felt overwhelmed. I know it is ridiculous to feel that way when you are visiting a grocery store. I felt excited yet nervous (I don’t know why). I looked at everything carefully. Most labels were written in Korean, but most had some English words on the back. In addition most had Japanese symbols on them (Unfortunately I only know a little Japanese and could only make out a few words). I guess I should study more and harder!


Anyways when I finished the sales clerk assisted me by bringing my bags to my car. I appreciated the help, but I really did not want him to see my car (It has been a LONG time since it was last cleaned). However I did not want to be rude; therefore, I just made small talk. When I opened the truck of the car I apologized sincerely for the condition my car was in. I knew my face must have been red because the embarrassment I felt. On the way home I repeatedly scorned myself for allowing my car to be in that state. There is only one way to redeem myself and that is to do a DEEP cleaning (Then again he may not take my bags next time so he would not have to look at that again)! I hope not I need to redeem myself I am normally not a “Messy” person!



I know most of you are thinking. So What? A sales clerk saw that you have an untidy car. It is no big deal. To me it is. Not for the fact that he saw the disorganized car, but the fact that anyone saw it. I have not felt that embarrassed (and Ashamed) in a long time. I would rather I had slipped in a mud puddle! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Ambrosia | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates