Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How To Fix Your Glasses!

The night before Christmas Eve a screw that connects the End pieces (Extensions of the frame front to which the temples are attached) to the Temples (Parts of the frame that extend over and/or behind the ears to help hold the frame in place) fell out. Being as blind as I am, once I found the small screw I placed it on my nightstand and went to bed (knowing there was no reason to fix it that night).


The next day my mother and my brother attempted to fix them. However was unable to do so (they said that the hinges were not matching). Instead I drove to Vision Care to have the lady at the front counter basically tell me to have a Happy (BLIND!) Christmas. Afterwards I went home and put on a pair of eyeglasses that were not my prescription (too strong). I took a staple straightened it and inserted it where the screw had been and viola they were back to normal. It has been four days and the staple is still in place!





Christmas Cake… The Christmas cake I made was good! The only issue was that I had to order Kirsch Brandy online and they told me (a little too late) that they were out of stock of that item. Since absolutely none of the stores in my state sell this specific brandy I had to improvise. Instead I used Crown Royal (Kirsch was a key ingredient for the soaking syrup). I was very afraid that the flavor would leave the cake tasting odd. However that was not the case. It was fantastic! I absolutely loved it as well as most of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Ambrosia | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates